Available to study at:
Subject Intent: Why IT?
IT will allow learners to progress through a variety of units that develop in depth theoretical knowledge of digital applications. The course is an ideal stepping stone between education and employment within the IT sector as students have the opportunity to develop practical application of theory that replicates industry standards. Students will have a strong understanding of how IT supports the function of business and product development whilst meeting the needs of clients and employers alike. The skills that students develop whilst studying IT prepare them for a range of employment opportunities within the fast growing digital employment market.
Why should I study this subject?
The Level 3 Cambridge Technical in IT is an exciting qualification that has had a recent redesign with the input of Universities and industry experts. This means that the students who study the qualification will gain the subject and transferable skills that employers are looking for. The qualification sits very well alongside many other applied general and A-Level subjects due to students studying skills that are invaluable to any modern workplace. You can study this course as a Single (equivalent to one A-Level), Double (two) or Triple (three) and attracts the same UCAS points.
What will I study?
All courses will cover the following units:
• Fundamentals of IT (EXAM)
• Global Information (EXAM)
• Computer Networks (COURSEWORK)
• Computer Systems – Hardware (COURSEWORK)
• Computer Systems – Software (COURSEWORK)”
Double (in addition to above)
• Cyber Security (EXAM)
• Project Management (COURSEWORK)
• Product Development (COURSEWORK)
• Mobile Technology (COURSEWORK)
• Developing a smarter planet (COURSEWORK)
• Technical Support (COURSEWORK)”
Triple (in addition to above)
• Cloud Technology (EXAM)
• Virtual and Augmented reality (COURSEWORK)
• Social Media and Digital Marketing (COURSEWORK)
• Internet of Everything (COURSEWORK)
• Cognitive Computing (COURSEWORK)
• Enterprise Computing (COURSEWORK)
What are the entry requirements?
“I really enjoyed studying IT. The teachers are helpful and you can always talk to them whenever you need them to make you understand the work.” Alexander Halman – St Wilfrid’s Catholic High School