Why should I study this subject?
Business Studies is an enjoyable topical subject that is highly regarded by employers and higher education institutions alike. Studying the subject will give you a great understanding of decisions made everyday by businesses that go on to affect you and your daily life, from where your products are sourced to the reasons why certain businesses might fail. There is lots of application within the subject and you will regularly apply your classroom knowledge to current events occurring in the world around you.
What will I study?
• Business as a whole, including ownership, stakeholders and aims of the business
• Business and key functional areas (HR, Marketing, Operations and Finance)
• Business in the context of their and competitive environments
• Analysing key performance indicators for business in finance, marketing and HR
• The impact of threats in the business environment and the extent to which businesses are affected regarding investment appraisal
• Innovation in business
• Managing change
• Business operations in international markets
• The role of the leader
• Organisational culture
• Why business strategy fails
What are the entry requirements?
What is the exam board?