Important information and dates for New College Pontefract
The Student Services team are away until Monday 7 August. We’ve tried to give you all the information you should need below. If after reading below your query is not answered either ring 01977 702139 option 2 or email email@example.com and we will deal with this upon our return.
A-Levels & BTEC Level 3 Results + Times
- Thursday 17 August, 7:30am – 9:00am on the top floor of the LRC.
AS & BTEC Level 3 Results + Times
- Thursday 17 August, 10:00am – 11:30am in the Sports Hall.
- Students will just be collecting results, and then MUST come in on Progression Day on Tuesday 29 August if returning to College. Any queries – please contact Ann Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org
GCSE & BTEC Level 2 Results + Times
- Thursday 24 August, 9:00am – 9:45am in the LAE Building.
Results Collection by Another Person
- If you want a friend/family member to collect your results, the person must bring a signed letter of permission from you (include your full name and date of birth) and this nominee must bring some form of self-identification (photo ID)
Enrolment Days – New Year 12 Students
- Thursday 24 August + Friday 25 August.
- If you want to change course you must wait until you come to enrol.
- If you have not met the entry requirements for your chosen course, you should come in to College as soon as possible on 24 August (you do not have to wait for your Enrolment slot).
- If you do not have your official results slip from school, you WILL NOT be able to come in and enrol until you have them.
- If you want to withdraw your application please send an email to email@example.com.
Progression Day (Year 12 to Year 13)
- Tuesday 29 August.
- Student receive their time slot to attend at AS & BTEC Level 3 Results on 17 August between 10am to 11:30am.
- All queries to Ann Booth via email, (e.g. students who cannot attend) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changing Enrolment Day – Away for Enrolment
- You can change between 24 + 25 August without informing us just come in before 3pm on either day. If you cannot attend at all, please email email@example.com. of the dates of your holidays so we can arrange the date of your late enrolment. However, please read below
- The college feels strongly that students should attend their designated enrolment day as we have planned staffing around this. If this is not possible we have a late enrolment but a lot of courses will be full.
- If you get the GCSEs you require and are not wanting to change any subjects it should be still straight forward.
- However, if we need to make any changes at enrolment due to you changing you mind or not getting the results you need, we can’t guarantee a place on the course if you don’t attend your designated day.
- If we have already been notified that you cannot attend, you will be asked to come on Tuesday 5 September to a late enrolment at 9:00am.
- You can still apply through the college website. We will be making a decision after enrolment if we are able to take any more students. We already have a waiting list and we advise you to keep your other options open. You will be contacted if a place becomes available.
Students Who Have Received Letters For Non-Attendance At Induction
- You should still receive an enrolment letter.
- If you had informed us that you couldn’t attend you can just come to enrolment.
- If you had not informed us, don’t worry it’s not too late, you just need to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you still require your place. Your enrolment letter will be sent out but not until after 7 August when student services are back at work.
Start of Term Dates
Art Foundation Monday 4 September
Year 1 + Year 12 Thursday 7 September
Year 13 Friday 8 September
- I forgot or don’t have money to pay my Enrolment Fee?
Come in anyway, you can pay for this at a later date but you will not receive your ID card or lanyard until this is received.
- Don’t have my results?
You must have them in order to enrol. You need to contact your school and get them before you come in.
- Am sick at enrolment can’t come in?
Ring Student Services on 01977 702139 option 2.
- Am sick for progression to Year 13?
Ring Ann Booth on 01977 802820.
- Missed my appointment?
Come in straight way.
- Can’t find my enrolment letter with the time/date?
If you can attend on 24 or 25 August just come in after 10am.
- How do I apply for the Bursary?
You can download an application form from our website www.ncpontefract.ac.uk. Click on the tab Support and then Supporting You Financially.
- When and how can I pay for my Bus Pass?
- You can pay at enrolment by cash, cheque (made payable to NCLT), or debit/credit card.
- Alternatively ring (after 14 August) to pay over the phone you can leave a voicemail on 01977 702139 ext. 506 and the Finance Team will get back to you.