Here at New College we have a number of state of the art buildings providing equipment and resources to ensure our students get the very best experience in their time here with us. The aim of NEW College is to encourage development of young people and support the local community. New College have a range of facilities for hire which include the following; Sports hall, Rugby field, Dance studio, Theatre, recording studio, computer classrooms, and conference rooms.
Priority of bookings will be given to groups who meet the following criteria:
• Clubs/organisations who support the local community
• Clubs/organisations who promote the development of youth players providing structured coaching sessions
• Clubs/organisations run by qualified coaches
• Groups open to partnership work with NEW College whether that be through the sharing of resources or the provision of coaching/professional sessions.
• Clubs/organisation who offer structured sessions, player/personal development or work towards competition.
The sports hall is an indoor facility complete with male and female changing rooms. It can be used for a variety of sports which include 5-a-side football, netball, basketball, badminton and circuit training. The college also use the space during exam periods so the space can be hired for similar use.
The purpose built theatre is ideal for plays, concerts, lectures and dance. The theatre has a welcoming area for guests and tiered seating that can accommodate approx. 150 spectators. There is a backstage area for performers, a lighting box for qualified users and an area to serve refreshments. Technicians and support staff can be included in the hire.
The facilities are available for booking outside normal college hours; 1600hr-2200hr Monday-Friday during term time and all hours during college holidays and weekends.
There may be times where the facilities are available during term time hours, please contact the Estates manager for more details.
If you are interested in hiring any of the above please contact our Estates Manager on Rob.McKenzie@ncpontefract.ac.uk or call 01977 702139.