apply

New College achieves fantastic results in another challenging year

We are proud and delighted with this year’s exam results, which have followed on from the outstanding performance achieved in previous years. Our A-Level students of 2021 achieved an overall pass rate of 99.8%, and an A*-B (high grades) rate of 69%, which is the highest in the college’s history. This once again highlights the college’s reputation as a consistently outstanding sixth form provider both locally and nationally. This is matched by the equally strong performance of our Level 3 Applied General students who achieved an overall pass rate of 100% with 91% achieving a Distinction or Distinction* grade.

New College Pontefract Principal, Vicky Marks said, “We are tremendously proud of the success achieved by all of our students, and congratulate every single one of them for their achievements.

This has, of course, been another unusual year for results and assessment, with students facing a range of significant Covid-related difficulties. 

The fact that our students succeeded in achieving excellent grades, on the back of extensive in-college assessments and following external moderation, speaks volumes about their excellent resilience, hard-work and commitment. It is these skills and qualities which will help them flourish at university, in apprenticeships and employment, and they should be congratulated by everyone for their hard-won success.

We wish all of them the very best with the future.”

New College Pontefract is part of the New Collaborative Learning Trust (NCLT), and the Trust’s CEO, Richard Fletcher said, “We are delighted that our learners have secured such an outstanding set of results in these difficult times, giving them the best possible start to life after college, whether that be in education, training or the world of work. The fact that they have performed so well reflects their hard work, commitment and resilience.

Student reactions

Despite the difficulties, many students are already looking back on their time at New College with real affection.

“New College has been the best two years in my education. The teachers and the team have been highly supportive in my journey and achieving the success that I have would not have been possible without them. I am excited for the next chapter starting my Accountancy and Finance degree at Leeds.” – Harmandeep Kaur:

• BTEC Extended Diploma in Business Studies – 3x Distinction*

“The most rewarding experience of my life” – Jack Thomas

• A-Level Biology – A
  • Chemistry – B
  • Politics – B

“The last two years were not how I expected my college experience to be but I am so happy with my results and want to thank my teachers for all the support they have given!” – Ellissa Critchley

• A-Level Psychology – A*
  • A-Level Maths – A*
  • A-Level Law A*

New Collaborative Learning Trust New College Pontefract Logo New College Doncaster Logo New College Bradford Logo Wingfield Academy Anston Greenlands Primary School Redscope Primary School Thorpe Hesley Primary School
New Collaborative Learning Trust
Ofsted Outstanding Provider Logo
Teaching School Hub Selby and Wakefield Logo
TES logo
Disability Confident Employer logo
Physical Eduation Quality Mark
TASS Dual Career Accredited
SCL Sports Leaders Logo
Investors in Diversity Logo
Proud to be Fredie, fairness in the workplace  Logo
Connected Campus Logo

Click here to login to

Cedar Logo