The Art Foundation Studio will be open on the following dates:
Saturday 16 October 2021 10am to 2:00pm
Tuesday 16 November 2021 4:30pm to 7:30pm
This is a great opportunity to see our new studio spaces and facilities. Staff and students will be present to talk you through the high-quality experiences the course offers and will be able to answer questions you may have.
Refreshments will be available so come see us and have a cuppa and a chat!
Application Deadline and Interview Dates
- Please be aware there is a cut off point for applications once we receive 100 applications a waiting list will be started.
- Upcoming interview dates for Art Foundation are w/c 13th December and w/c 31st January
The Art Foundation studio will be open during the main college open events. This is a great opportunity for you, as Year 13 students, and your parents/guardians to come and visit the Foundation space and speak to current students about their work. Tutors will be available to discuss the aims of the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design and how to apply. Refreshments will be available. (Come and have a cuppa and a chat)
As part of this course you will explore a wide range of media, materials and ideas before deciding a specialism. This exploratory phase will develop your drawing skills, creativity and visual thinking.
After you have worked through the exploratory phase of the course you will pick one of four specialisms to work within. You will produce work designed to show your skills in this area and build a portfolio for interviews.
- Fine art: painting, drawing, 3D, sculpture photography, print, video installation
- Visual communication: graphic design, illustration, photography animation, printing
- Textiles: fashion, surface pattern, costume design, embroidery
- 3D: sculpture, interior design, furniture, architecture
The course will conclude with a final major project and exhibition of your work. The course will also provide you with a level 3 qualification.
APPLY NOW TO STUDY WITH US
ART & DESIGN
To succeed on a Foundation Diploma you will have had to have coped well at A-level or level 3 BTEC in a visual arts subject.
You must have five GCSE passes at grades A* – C (including English or Maths). If you have not studied a visual arts subject at level 3 then we will ask you to present a portfolio of work at interview.
Current New College Students
The above course can only be accessed if a students behaviour, attendance and staff reports are satisfactory. Ultimately the decision to allow a student to progress to the foundation diploma will be at Vice Principal’s discretion.
What are the advantages of studying at New College
- Enthusiastic, energetic and knowledgeable staff
- Individual student work spaces
- Fantastic art facilities
- Apple Mac computers with industry standard software
- Supportive and exciting college environment
- Access to photographic darkrooms
- Individual one to one support
- A fantastic careers team to help you progress to university or into a job
Here’s a helpful link to take a look at what careers a Foundation Art diploma can offer:
APPLY NOW TO STUDY WITH US