The Induction Day is centred around the student and is pertinent in the transition cycle. The day will give students the opportunity to get to know other students and staff and find out more about the College so they are fully prepared to start in September.
The Induction day(s) for students take place in July. Students will be invited by letter.
2023 Induction Days:
Induction Day 1 – 6 July 2023
Induction Day 2 – 7 July 2023
After a welcome by the Principal, you will get the opportunity to:
- Find out more about the role of the Progress Tutor
- Experience induction lessons in all of your subject choices
- Receive your Summer Independent Learning (SIL) which is to be completed by the start of term
- Tour the College
- Visit the Enrichment Fayre
- Find out about the main differences between GCSEs and A Levels, and look at the study skills required to be successful
- Find out about bus timetables and the cost
- Complete all college administration eg. ID card
- Find out about Enrolment Day
- Discuss with your Progress Tutor any concerns or worries you may have
- Confirm your subject choices
Students make their own way to and from college but college bus services will be running as normal. Bus timetables will be included in the letter inviting you to attend one of our Induction Days.
“The support staff helped in every Step. I couldn’t thank them enough.”
Jack Hughes, Crofton Academy