Subject Intent: Why Fine Art?
Fine Art is offered as a truly creative opportunity for self-expression and growth of confidence. The curriculum provides independence, learning and thinking skills as well as practical elements and professional attitudes. The Creative Industries are currently one of the fasted growing in the UK and students can expect to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to continue into professions such as illustration, architecture, advertising, set design and fashion.
What will I study?
- Developing creative and original ideas
- Learning about the work of a wide range of creative practitioners
- A wide range of exciting skills and techniques
- How to best communicate the concept behind
- How to make a final piece with meaning and impact
- How to consider the importance of your portfolio and exhibition style
- How to become prepared for further art education at university
What are the entry requirements?
Please check this subject table for full details of our A Level entry requirements.