Subject Intent: Why History?
What will I study?
- Imperial policy
- Expansion and Contraction of Empire
- Trade and Commerce
- Attitudes to Empire
- Relations with indigenous peoples
- The end of Tsarism in Russia
- The establishment of the Communist dictatorship
- Stalin's rise to power
- Stalin's rule in the 1930s
- The Great Patriotic War
Please note: Subject videos have been filmed from colleges across our Trust.
What are lessons like in this subject?
History is unique, as it has not only enriched my knowledge of the past but it has also provided me with critical thinking skills that are incredibly valuable for both college and later life.
Pharrell Gordon, The King’s School