Subject Intent: Why Business?
What will I study?
- Business as a whole, including ownership, stakeholders and aims of the business
- Key functional areas – HR, Marketing, Operations and Finance
- Business in the context of the external environment and the competition in the market
- Analysing key performance indicators in finance, marketing and HR
- The impact of threats in the business environment and the extents to which different businesses are affected
- Investment appraisal
- Innovation in business in product and process
- Managing change
- Business operations in international markets
Please note: Subject videos have been filmed from colleges across our Trust.
What are lessons like in this subject?
I have enjoyed studying A-Level Business as it has taught me key aspects such as finance and how businesses are managed. The teachers have been supportive throughout the way, clearly explaining the content. If you are thinking or are wanting to go down a business career, I strongly recommend studying A-Level Business as it gives you an idea of how businesses are managed.
Malik Hassan, Kettlethorpe High School