Subject Intent: Why Sound Engineering?
What will I study?
- Studio Recording Techniques: learn how to set up and use equipment to record in our studios.
- Mixing and Mastering: learn how to mix and master a track to a professional standard.
- Live Sound: learn about live sound equipment and how to set it up and run it at a concert.
- DAW Production: learn how to use different types of music software to create and produce different musical products.
- Working as a Production Team: work in a team to produce an album.
Please note: Subject videos have been filmed from colleges across our Trust.
What are lessons like in this subject?
This course has really developed my interest in music production and technology, I have learnt things that will now stick with me all the way through University. To me experimenting is the best thing about this subject. You are given freedom to create anything you like and you can do so with great facilities.
Drew Nolan, Kettlethorpe High School