Subject Intent: Why Performing & Production Arts?
What will I study?
- Units 1-4: An introduction to the skills necessary to explore their creative development.
- Units 5-7: Requires the student to apply their skills, knowledge and understanding in a series of production and performance assessments.
- Unit 8: Students will undertake a production and/or performance role in a performance. An examiner will watch the performance work.
- Units 9-11 (Extended Diploma only): Opportunities to explore activities and competencies within performing arts. Students take further responsibility for their own learning and ambitions.
- Units 12 and 13 (Extended Diploma only): Provide opportunities to refine the skills, knowledge and understanding appropriate to their future career path.
Performing & Production Arts
Please note: Subject videos have been filmed from colleges across our Trust.
What are lessons like in this subject?
Lessons in UAL consist of a blended learning approach. Studying a range of practitioners and their key methodologies will enable you to apply your learning to a wide range of practical work. This course has an industry focus, which means we teach you everything you need to succeed in this competitive industry and progress onto higher education, if you wish to. As a UAL student, you will develop all areas of performance skills, including singing, dancing, physical theatre and stage management.
We also contract professional companies to deliver other workshops such as puppetry, circus skills and arrange trips to see live theatre. By the end of your course, you will have the necessary skills to plan, market, light and stage your own performance.
Something I enjoy about this course is how much practical work we do. We do lots of enjoyable performances which allows the class to become like a little family! UAL is the perfect course for anyone wanting to be fully immersed in the world of performing arts.
Alice Burdekin, Outwood Grange Academy