Why should I study this subject?
Law offers you an interesting insight into the main principles of the English Legal System. Law is both an interesting and challenging subject to undertake. The areas that you will study in the A-Level Law course have
direct relevant to many aspects of everyday life. By studying the A-Level Law course you will gain a solid foundation to pursue law in the future either through university or an apprenticeship.
What will I study?
• English legal system: criminal courts and lay people, legal profession, civil courts and funding
• Criminal law: general elements, non-fatal offences, fatal offences, property offences, mental capacity defences and general defences
• Law making: legislation and delegated legislation, law reform, European law, judicial precedent and statutory interpretation
• Tort law: negligence, vicarious liability, occupier’s liability, torts connected to land, and defences and remedies
• Nature of law: justice, society, morality and technology
• Human rights: Human Rights Act, articles under the European Convention of Human Rights, enforcement and protection of human rights
What are the entry requirements?