Important information and dates for New College Pontefract
The Student Services Team are on summer holiday until Tuesday 14 August. We tried to give you all the information below. If after reading below your query is not answered, ring either 01977 702139 option 2 or email email@example.com.
A-Levels & BTEC Level 3 Results + Times
- Thursday 16 August, 7:30am – 9:00am on the top floor of the Learning Resource Centre (LRC).
GCSE & BTEC Level 2 Results + Times
- Thursday 23 August, 9:00am – 9:45am in the LAE Building.
Results Collected by Another Person
If you want a friend/family member to collect your results, the person must bring a signed letter of permission from you (include your full name and date of birth) and this nominee must bring some form of self-identification (photo ID).
Enrolment Days – New Year 12 Students
- Thursday 23 August and Friday 24 August.
- If you want to change course you must wait until you come to enrol.
- If you have not met the entry requirements for your chosen course, you should come in to College as soon as possible on 23 August (you do not have to wait for your Enrolment slot).
- If you do not have your official results slip from school, you WILL NOT be able to come in and enrol until you have them.
- If you want to withdraw your application please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Changing Enrolment Day – Away for Enrolment You can change between 23 or 24 August without informing us just come in before 3:00pm on either day. If you cannot attend at all, please email email@example.com. of the dates of your holidays so we can arrange the date of your late enrolment. However, please read below:
The college feels strongly that students should attend their designated enrolment day as we have planned staffing around this. If this is not possible we have a late enrolment but a lot of courses will be full.
If you get the GCSEs you require and are not wanting to change any subjects it should be still straight forward.
However, if we need to make any changes at enrolment due to you changing you mind or not getting the results you need, we can’t guarantee a place on the course if you don’t attend your designated day. If we have already been notified that you cannot attend, you will be asked to come on Friday 31 August to a late enrolment and will be advised of your time slot via a letter home.
Late Progression Day (Year 12 to Year 13)
Friday 31 August. Students will have received their time slot when to attend in a letter posted home.
You can still apply through the college website. We will be making a decision after enrolment if we are able to take any more students. We already have a waiting list and we advise you to keep your other options open. You will be contacted if a place becomes available.
Induction Day – Non-Attenders
- If you informed us that you could not attend Induction Day you will receive an enrolment letter. § If you had not informed us, you just need to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you still require your
place by 10 August. Otherwise your place will be relocated.
Start of Term Dates
Art Foundation Year 1 + Year 12 Year 13
Monday 3 September Thursday 6 September Monday 10 September
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I forgot or don’t have money to pay my Enrolment Fee?
Come in anyway, you can pay for this at a later date but you will not receive your ID card or lanyard until this is received.
- Don’t have my results?
You must have them in order to enrol. You need to contact your school and get them before you come in.
- I am sick and can’t come into enrolment?
Ring Student Services on 01977 702139 option 2.
- Missed my appointment?
Come in straight way.
- Can’t find my enrolment letter with the time/date?
If you can attend on 23 or 24 August just come in after 10am.
- How do I apply for the Bursary?
You can download an application form from our website www.ncpontefract.ac.uk. Click on the tab Support and then Supporting You Financially.
- When and how can I pay for my Bus Pass?
You can pay at enrolment by cash, cheque (made payable to NCLT), or debit/credit card. Alternatively ring (after 14 August) to pay over the phone you can leave a voicemail on 01977 702139 ext. 560 and the Finance Team will get back to you.