apply

New College Music Students Earn Place at Prestigious Conservatoire

New College Pontefract students, Charlotte Atkinson and Mikey Foley-Hall, have been successful in gaining entry to the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire.

The two students were among many hundreds of young people to apply for a place at the new £57 million teaching and performance facility, the first of its kind in the heart of Birmingham.

“I am so thankful to have been awarded a guaranteed conditional place to study cornet at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire,” said Charlotte. “During the audition I performed the first two movements of the Denis Wright Concerto, a polka by Allen Vizzutti, and sight reading.

“I then had an interview which provided me with the opportunity to express my passion for music and explain why I believed I deserved a place.”

Charlotte is looking forward to joining various ensembles in Birmingham, in order to continue her development as a performer. This will provide her with the experience she needs to take the next step in her career as a musician.

“I cannot believe that I have been awarded a guaranteed conditional place at the Royal Birmingham Conservatoire and I am so thankful for the endless support provided by my teachers which enabled my dream to become a reality.”

Head of the School of Performing Arts at New College, Michelle Colvill, said, “Both Charlotte and Miley are extremely talented musicians and fully deserve their places at the Conservatoire. We are really proud of all of them.”

The conservatoire was granted Royal status by Queen Elizabeth II in September 2017

(Photo – Charlotte Atkinson left,   Miley Foley-Hall right)

New Collaborative Learning Trust New College Pontefract Logo New College Doncaster Logo New College Bradford Logo Wingfield Academy Anston Greenlands Primary School Redscope Primary School Thorpe Hesley Primary School
New Collaborative Learning Trust
Ofsted Outstanding Provider Logo
Teaching School Hub Selby and Wakefield Logo
TES logo
Disability Confident Employer logo
Physical Eduation Quality Mark
TASS Dual Career Accredited
SCL Sports Leaders Logo
Investors in Diversity Logo
Proud to be Fredie, fairness in the workplace  Logo
Connected Campus Logo

Click here to login to

Cedar Logo